Friday, November 18, 2005

Happy Birthday, Rachel

My big girl is five years old today. I really can't believe it. She's just so big and mature and confident. She's smart, too. One of things that's been really surprising is how good she is with numbers. Rachel seems to be a bit of a whiz at math as she is adding and subtracting all over the place. This is almost as suprising to me as her athletic ability. (She was the best player on her soccer team over the summer.) We're not sure where she gets these skills. She's also working on her reading, figuring out sounds and spelling words. I have a series of books that will help with reading that we're going to start soon. It'd be nice to get her reading before kindergarten. I know she's capable of it.

I just want to know when this little girl:


became this big girl:


Happy Birthday, Rachel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here