Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Survivor

So I'm a fan. A fanatic even. I'd love to send in a tape and try to get on the show, but I'm not eligible. I've watched every episode, some of them many times. I could probably name the 16 castaways of each season and the order in which they were booted. Hmm. Let's do season one just for fun.

Sonja
BB
Stacey
Dirk
Ramona
Joel
Gretchen
Greg
Jenna
Gervase
Colleen
Sean
Susan
Rudy
Kelly
Richard

I think that's right. Ramona and Dirk might be mixed up. Anyway, the point is I love the show.

So why?

Well, I love both aspects of it - the surviving on the desert island part and the strategy part. I've been challenging myself physically in the last couple of years and my favorite method is hiking. I love being outdoors in the middle of nowhere. It's very free-ing. And I love the Machiavellian nature of the game. Creating alliances, manipulating people, working as a team when necessary - all of that stuff I love. I think I'd be pretty good at the game. My my big drawback is that I'm not as sneaky as I think I am. People will probably see through me and realize I am a manipulator and want to get rid of me. If I could remain quiet for a while and not try to take over, I might have a chance. But that goes against my nature. I want to lead. I want to be in control. I'm a Leo, after all.

Survivor. What a game. Wish I could play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here