Thursday, September 08, 2005

NFL - Week One

I have been a Bears fan since the Super Bowl season. I was pretty much centered on the Bears for a lot of years. I didn't really pay much attention to the other teams unless they were our opponents for that week. However, for the last few years, I've played Fantasy Football which has gotten me interested in the entire league. So I thought I'd throw some football thoughts out there since the NFL season starts tonight with the Patriots vs. the Raiders. Yawn. The Patriots will kill them. Randy Moss will enjoy his first of many losses this year. And that makes me happy. Why is it some of the most talented football players are also the biggest jerks? Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, etc. Let's look at some of the other games this week.

First of all, the Bears play the Redskins. I think we have a decent chance. Everything may depend on what rookie Kyle Orton does. If he screws up, it's going to be up to the defense to not only play well, but also get the ball into the end zone. I am picking the Bears, of course. Win or lose, I stick with my team.

In other NFC North news, we have the Packers and Lions facing off at Ford Field. I think the Pack will probably win this one as Harrington is clearly not the QB Marriuci hoped he was going to be. However, I am picking the Lions because, well, I hate the Packers.

The Vikings, the other NFC North team, gets their an old NFC Central rival, the Tampa Bay Bucs. Should be an easy win for Minnesota.

The Broncos get to play the Dolphins this week. Lucky Broncos. The Fins are doomed this year. I'm happier with the Bears quarterback choices than I am with the Fins'. Gus Ferrotte? You gotta be kidding me. And AJ Feeley, free agent quarterback flavor of the week a year or two ago, is now third string behind Sage Rosenfels! At least with Orton, there's a chance he'll be good.

All of my picks for week one:

Oakland at New England
Chicago at Washington
Cincinnati at Cleveland
Denver at Miami
Houston at Buffalo
New Orleans at Carolina
N.Y. Jets at Kansas City
Seattle at Jacksonville
Tampa Bay at Minnesota
Tennessee at Pittsburgh
Arizona at N.Y. Giants
Dallas at San Diego
Green Bay at Detroit
St. Louis at San Francisco
Indianapolis at Baltimore
Philadelphia at Atlanta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here