Friday, September 02, 2005

Better late than never

Bush is finally going down there to take over and be a leader. I guess when the Mayor of New Orleans calls you out, you listen. Mayor Ray Nagin said he told Bush in a recent conversation that “we had an incredible crisis here and that his flying over in Air Force One does not do it justice ... I have been all around this city and that I am very frustrated because we are not able to marshal resources and we are outmanned in just about every respect.” He also said "they don't have a clue what's going on down here.

This is not about politics, people. The Republican leaders are upset with how things are going. I never thought I'd agree with anything Newt Gringrich said, but check this out:

"I think it puts into question all of the Homeland Security and Northern Command planning for the last four years, because if we can't respond faster than this to an event we saw coming across the Gulf for days, then why do we think we're prepared to respond to a nuclear or biological attack?"

Yeah, no kidding.

Who do think will be fired first - the head of FEMA or the Secretary of Homeland Security?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here