Monday, October 31, 2005

Top of the world

Well, top of the division anyway. The Bears beat the Lions in overtime with a interception returned for a TD by Charles "Peanut" Tillman. (He's must be one tough football player to be successful with a nickname like "Peanut".)



The Bears are only 4-3, but that's enough for first place because, well, the NFC North is pretty awful. The Packers have won one game all year and the Vikings have won two. What's great about the Bears situation is that they own the tiebreaker with the Lions because they beat 'em twice this year. I think it's certain we'll see the Bears in the playoffs representing the NFC North. Not a bad first year for a rookie QB. I mentioned a while ago that I think Orton has future Pro Bowler written all over him. I stand by it. I know he's not doing a lot this year, but he's winning, he's not making mistakes, and every once in a while we see a flash of greatness like that amazing throw to Mushin Muhammad for the TD yesterday. Plus, he's got a Bears attitude. After getting knocked down out of bounds by ex-Bear R.W. McQuarters, he jumped up and got in his face. That's the kind of leader the Bears need. He may be young, but Orton going to be around for a long time. He's got IT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here