Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Trick or treat, smell my feet...

Rachel learned this little ditty from her friend Grace, who no doubt learned it from her big sister:

Trick or treat
Smell my feet
Give me something good to eat
If you don't
I don't care
I'll pull down your underwear


I had never heard the underwear part of the song. Anyway, last night we went trick or treating. The girls were dressed as princesses, costumes by Grandma. Rachel was a glamorous pink princess and Sammi had chosen her favorite color purple. Each had crowns and wands, although Sammi didn't wear hers and neither of them carried the wands. We went racing from one house to the next. Or Rachel did. Sammi would get the candy and toddle away from the house seemingly in shock that they'd just given her more candy. I would have to say "Come on, Sammi, let's catch up with Rachel." And she'd say, every time, "We going to the next house?"

About halfway through our adventure, Rachel began singing the song above as we ran to each house. Rachel never said it when asking for candy, however; she stuck with the simple "Trick or Treat". The song had clearly gotten into Sammi's head however. When we got to one house, Sammi shouted to the mom holding the pot of candy, "Trick or treat, smell my underwear!"

I don't think I've ever seen anyone's eyes get as big as that poor woman's. She was shocked. I think I mumbled something like "Big sisters, you know. Ha ha, happy Halloween..." and we moved on as fast as we could.

After trick or treating on our block, we drove to two of Rachel's friend's houses to drop off invitations to her birthday party. So Rachel jabbered with her friends for a while sharing Halloween stories. We also stopped by the coolest Halloween house in the neighborhood. It had a bunch of those huge inflatable decorations. One of which was an actual Haunted House big enough for the kids to walk in. Rachel went through it twice. Sammi went in once, heard the scary music and ran back out. That house also gave out full size Hershey bars. We weren't the only people who drove to that house.

We got back home and ate dinner around 8 pm and inadvertantly discovered a way to keep both girls at the table eating their dinner - starve 'em for an extra hour or so... Both kids crashed pretty quickly at bedtime and so ended our Halloween fun for 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here