Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Here comes the rain

One does not expect one's basement to flood in January.

Sigh.

I was away from the basement for all of 40 minutes and when I returned, water flowed freely everywhere. Apparently my sump pump, which still seems to be working, was not strong enough to hold back the waves of water. I think it must have been a combination of the massive amounts of rain and the melting snow that did me in. The worst part is I am having my entire family over this weekend for Samantha's first birthday and the place stinks.

Sigh.

And, no my theater compatriots, there is no word yet.

At least Lost is on tonight.

3 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, January 12, 2005, Blogger Dweeze said...

Sorry about the basement. Anything anyone can do to help? And sorry that, as I'm sure you know by now, Lost has been postponed til Sunday noon because of the Iowa State basketball game.

Stupid Cyclones.

 
At 10:50 PM, January 12, 2005, Blogger Matt said...

You know, being an Iowa alum, I have just naturally disliked the Cyclones. But now I hate them.

And I don't think there's anything you can help with in regards to the flood, but thank you for the offer.

 
At 11:52 AM, January 13, 2005, Blogger Lars said...

Go Cyclones!

I love lost, and with TiVo I didn't even know it was being postponed because my TiVo caught that for me...but my wife goes to ISU and my Dad is an Alumn and I live Ames, so...GO CYCLONES! :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here