Sunday, February 27, 2005

Oscar Highlights from our home...

Four year old Rachel to Grandma on the phone:

"Mommy didn't think Shrek would be there, and I did, and I was right!"

Me, as the camera scans the crowd:

"Hey, that's Scott Bakula, what the hell is he doing there?"

And one more, in response to the question, "What's wrong, honey?", from the sad faced Rachel:

"I thought there were going to be dragons at the Oscars."

To which, I replied,

"I think it'd be better with dragons, too."

I got 11 out 24 predictions right. Not too shabby. Of course, I missed both the supporting actor and actress. That's what happens when you vote with you heart for Clive Owen and Natalie Portman from Closer. That was a great movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here