Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Reality TV thoughts

Let's start with American Idol. This week, they get rid of four people and end up with the Final 12. Two more men and two more women will be eliminated. Hopefully, Mikalah Gordon will be one of them. She sang Somewhere from the musical West Side Story. I love that song. She butchered it. She was slurring the words so badly, she sounded drunk. Go home, Mikalah.

Onto the men... I wish Constantine were doing better.



The rocker just isn't impressing me anymore. And I'm still not a bad fan of the other rocker, Bo, although he is better than I originally thought. Finally, while I still like Anthony, I think the best singer of the men is actually Anwar.



The men are, as a unit, much better than the women. However a couple of the women may be better than all of the men. Nadia Turner, for instance, grabs your attention whenever she's on stage. I can't look away from her. Powerful voice and powerful presence. I could see her winning this thing.



The other woman who really captured my attention the last two weeks was Jessica Sierra.



I could see her going far in the competition.



How about that Amazing Race? Two exciting finishes in a row. I can't believe it again came down to a footrace with one team being eliminated by seconds! I was not sorry to see the Barbie twins go home...



...especially since I really didn't want the brothers to lose so early.



Rob and Amber are extremely entertaining and they're running a great race. They are making alliances with some of the teams and screwing with everyone else. Rob bribed a guard to not tell the others which bus was faster. That one didn't work. But later he also bribed a bus driver (using other teams' money) to keep the back door closed and slow down a bunch of teams. That one did work. The only problem with the strategy is they'll be the team yielded when that opportunity arises. Of course, they had the target on the back anyway as former Survivor winners.

So far this edition of the Amazing Race is my favorite season. It's just exciting to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here