Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Odds and Ends

That crafty ol' George Benard Shaw. And on a related note, I love snopes.



Good for Joe Namath. I was embarrassed for him when he hit on a sports reporter live on TV during a football game while under the influence. Glad to see he got sober and is in control.



I voted today! The Coralville Library needs to expand. It's not nearly big enough for our growing community. Some quick stats:

Since opening in 1987, the Library has seen:

* Items checked out, up 270%

* Library users, up 400%

* Coralville’s population increases 110%

* Collection size grown 65%

* Annual Library visits 212,132 up 460%

Because of the value of my house, it'll cost me about $15 to get a new library. Sounds like a good deal to me.



Mind you, I don't really care if we have a new Pope or not as I am not remotely Catholic anymore. However, come on, Pope. You need to resign your office, get some rest, and let someone else take over. There's no shame in it.



Well, that's a relief. King Tut wasn't murdered. Thank goodness. I spent many sleepless nights worrying about that...



I miss CopTalk.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here