Monday, February 28, 2005

Amazing Race

The next season of the Amazing Race starts tomorrow night. They've done a bit of stunt casting this time, by including Survivor All Star winner and runner-up, Rob and Amber.



They don't have a chance of winning. I don't think they'll be the first team out, but in the first third would not surprise me at all. One team, the mother-son team of Susan and Patrick, already have the millionaires in their sights.



They are the first mother-son team. The son is gay and the mom is very supportive of that. They expect to make friends with everyone, except Rob and Amber. They plan to align with the other teams to get of Rob and Amber quickly. They also plan to stab other teams in the back - whatever it takes to win, says Patrick. He's the more talkative of the two. I think they have a decent chance.



Ryan and Chuck are the good ol' boys. They've got the drawl, they're blue collar, and they are probably going to be very entertaining. "We're meat and tater guys." I really like 'em. Chuck talks about how he'll go anywhere and shows a real appreciation for all the cultures that out there. He also notes that no matter how different we are, we're all the same deep down. I think these guys are going to be a strong team. And definitely one we'll be rooting for.



Okay, at first I was thinking, I can't stand this team. Barbie Twins. However, I read their profile and I am confused. One is a stay at home mom. The other is a fashion designer. And here's the kicker - they're roommates. Um, how does the stay-at-home mom afford to stay at home? Unless... these two are more than roommates? That certainly makes them more interesting to me. However, Megan, the fashion designer, is afraid of flying. Um. Yeah. This whole show is about flying all over the world. She hopes this will help her get over her fear. It better, Megan, or you and your "roommate" are in serious trouble.

Other teams that might be interesting to watch:



He was a POW during the Iraq War. She's a former beauty queen. I hope they do well.



The gay couple. Alex hasn't told his father he's gay. Um, Dad's in for a big shock tomorrow night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here