Thursday, May 26, 2005

24 American Sith Lost

So I am thinking you don't add an "s" to Sith to make it plural. I think it's one of those words that can be plural without the "s" and you use context to figure that out. Just in case anyone was wondering about the post title.


The 24 finale was good, but different from all the others in that the exciting climax... wasn't that exciting. Some namless pilot shoots down the nuclear missle. Okaaaaaayyyy.... kind of boring, guys. However, the ending with Tony, Michelle and Chloe faking Jack's death was a great twist. And it provides an interesting set up for next year. Overall, it was a great season.


The Space Monkey Leader has a thoughtful analysis of Revenge of the Sith (and the whole prequel trilogy for that matter). If you're a Star Wars fan, you have to check it out. Plus, it's only Part 1! Who knows what tomorrow brings?


In other news, Bo Bice is probably better off having not won. Being runner up certainly didn't slow down Clay's career. I look forward to Bo's album. It will be the first American Idol album I purchase.

Rachel quote from the finale: "I didn't want to Carrie Underwear to win!"


LOST SPOILER FROM LAST NIGHT! DON'T READ ANY FURTHER!


Okay, did anyone else think Lost was over after the raft abduction scene? I was watching it on tape so I couldn't tell by the clock that was still time for another segment. I almost switched the TV off! That definitely should have been the last scene. I mean, how exciting was it to open the hatch and find out it was covering .... a hole? Should have ended with Michael sceaming "Walt!"

Overall, it was a great episode with a lot more humor than I expected. I loved the Hurley running to catch the plane flashback. The shocking death of Arzt or Arndt or whatever his name was was suprisingly funny. If you have a morbid sense of humor anyway. However, was there a shot of the monster that I didn't see? I saw black smoke... was that it? I don't get that at all.

And we're left with lots of other questions:

1) Was Sawyer shot?
2) Can Jin, Michael, and Sawyer survive with their raft blown to bits?
3) Where does the hole in ground lead?
4) Who are the guys who stole Walt and why did they steal him?

We have a few stories set up for season 2:

1) Charlie's continuing battle with heroin now that he got some from the plane crash.
2) Jack vs. Locke, with Kate backing up Jack... or will she?
3) The rescue of Walt

Overall, I was happy, but I really wish they had ended with the raft stuff. The hole in the ground was a letdown.


I think that ends my 2005 TV season. And the summer shows don't sound that interesting to me. I might catch a little of Big Brother, but I am not excited about it. Maybe it's time to focus on the movies. I saw trailers for Batman Begins and the Fantastic Four over the weekend. The former looks great, but I am still unsure about the latter...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here