Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The next American Idol

After last night, there is no doubt that Bo Bice should win American Idol this year. For his first song, he sang Dont Let the Sun Go Down on Me by Elton John. Excellent. Pure Bo. And that's the thing about Bo. We know exactly who he is. He has his own sound and it's great. So many of the other performers are singing the songs, but they don't infuse the performances with their unique style. That's what Bo does. His third song was the Stones' Satisfaction. Great performance. He reminded us all that he is a rocker. It was fun, and while it didn't show just how great he can be, we didn't need to see that in the final song. Because in between those two songs was the finest performance on any season of American Idol.

Bo chose to sing Within a Dream by Badlands .... a cappella. I don't even know the song. And usually that plays a big part into whether I like a performance. In this case, I was glad that the first time I ever heard the song was Bo's version. It was haunting. Beautiful. Perfect. I listened to it twice. There is no doubt in my mind that Bo Bice should win this competition.

The other two did really well. Even Carrie, who I don't like very much, was good. But it doesn't matter. The competition is over. Bo is clearly one hundred times better than either of the women. I have never bought a CD by any of the previous American Idols. But I think there's a good chance I'll pick up Bo's CD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here