Monday, June 20, 2005

Childhood Meme

Kris from Random Mentality tagged me for a blog-meme.

Five Things I Miss From My Childhood


1. Exploring the neighborhood at 2 in the morning. We climbed on top of our elementary school, the local strip mall, and the junior high school. All that when we should have been in bed sleeping. Never got caught by the cops. Well, once my friend did, but I escaped without my parents ever figuring it out. I wonder if they ever read this....

2. Comic books. I know a lot of adults who still read them, but I don't have the time or money to indulge in that habit. I have no idea how I found the money when I was a kid. I guess comics were cheaper back then.

3. Going to Michigan a few times each summer. My parents have a house on a lake up there and when I was a kid, we'd enjoy swimming and water skiing and lots of other fun stuff. I usually brought one of my friends with me. Nowadays if I get there once a year, it's amazing. I doubt we'll make up there this year.

4. Writing without worry. When I was a kid, say 8th grade through high school, I just wrote without ever secondguessing myself. I never cared if it was good or bad - I just followed the story. These days, I get stuck all the time because I can't stop asking myself if that last sentence was really good enough. It's frustrating.

5. My childhood friends. When I was a kid, I didn't have a lot of friends, but I had really good friends. I am fortunate enough to have kept those friends from when I was a kid. But I don't see them nearly enough. I miss the days when I could call Payjeck or Mark on the phone and we'd ride our bikes through the forest preserve or go to the park or play frisbee. (Man, I love frisbee and I hardly ever get to play that anymore.)

The rules:

Remove the #1 item from the following list, bump everyone up one place and add your blog's name in the #5 spot. You need to actually link to each of the blogs for the linky-love aspect of this fiendish meme to kick in.

Eat The Lettuce
Prochein Amy
Gradual Dazzle
Random Mentality
Thoughts from the Oasis

Next, select four unsuspecting victims, list and link to them:

The Yin Blog
On the Stage
Homercles


and in an attempt to get her posting again...

Glorious Nonsense

Tag, you're it! No tag-backs!

3 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, November 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://xtmxjcbx.com/jtlz/arme.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ptgpfokq.com/ybdi/xcho.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 6:49 PM, November 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 6:50 PM, November 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://xtmxjcbx.com/jtlz/arme.html | http://bafsldpv.com/psfx/qmvp.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here