Monday, November 14, 2005

Bears!

Thoughts about the Bears game...

* I have never seen wind change the direction of a kicked football like that. At one point the Bears rookie kicker sent a ball straight toward the uprights and the wind took it a completely different direction.

* I have never seen Adrian Peterson run for over 100 yards in a single Bears game. Of course, neither has anyone else. With Cedric Benson and Thomas Jones out with injuries, it looks like our running game is still strong. Thank God, since we can't seem to throw the ball.

* I have also never seen a field goal attempt caught 8 yards in the end zone returned for a touchdown. Nathan Vasher (the Slasher?) entered the NFL record book with the longest scoring play in league history.

* I have also never seen a football party thrown together so quickly and effortlessly as my sister-in-law did yesterday when informed the night before that my family and another brother was descending upon their house on Sunday. Tasty pizza and a delicious brownie for desert. Plus, the sister-in-law in question is 8 months pregnant!

I think there's no question the Bears will win the division and get into the playoffs, but I'd feel better about the whole thing if the Lions, Vikings and Packers didn't all win yesterday. Not that the Packers at 2-7 offer much of a threat. Heh. Still, the Lions and especially the Vikings with veteran Brad Johnson at the controls, could still mount a counterattack.

Here's a picture of Adrian Peterson, the Bears new starting running back:



Crazy orange jerseys, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here