Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Gaghans and Paolos

Unfortunately, the Gaghan family was eliminated from the Amazing Race last night. Which means the spoiler is right and if it holds true, the Godlewski family is next. I suppose it could be the Weaver family if it continues counterclockwise. Or it's just a coincidence.

I was really sorry to see the Gaghan Family get eliminated, but I have to give those parents credit. They knew their kids well being was the first priority. Little Clarissa said "Winners don't quit, and quitters don't win" as they were driving toward sure elimination. Sure, it's a cliche, but it shows this is a kid who is being raised by good folks. At the end when they were eliminated, Dad Gaghan told both kids, "Good job." It was clear they wanted to their kids to be proud of their accomplishments. I am happy to say Amazing Race Family Edition has impressed me and my worries seem to have been for naught.

Something else has started happening in the last couple of episodes... I've started rooting for the Paolo Family.



This is the team that I despised in the first episode. The oldest son, DJ, was so disrespectful to his Mother. Of course, Mom Paolo is not much better. The Dad doesn't say much and I think the younger son is kind of like the Dad in a lot of respects. However, last episode we saw them do the bungee jump together. They really supported each other, especially Mom Paolo sticking with DJ through the whole thing. DJ is terrified of heights. They jumped together and it really seemed to be a turning point for them; it seemed to bring them closer together. In last night's episode, the boys got a newfound respect for Dad Paolo who showed his physical strength by lifting these massive bunches of bananas. And then they had to race to the Pit Stop and Mom Paolo again impressed by giving it everything she could so they could come in first place. Afterward, Dad Paolo talked about how proud he is of his wife and how much he loves her. They just really seem like a real family that has real fights and still loves each other and sticks together no matter what. The Paolo Family has come a long way since the first episode and I hope they continue to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here