Thursday, September 28, 2006

A handful of words, that might make you laugh

Ten years ago today was really the best single day of my life. Don't get me wrong - those days when Rachel and Samantha were born were amazing, too, but they wouldn't have been nearly as great if that day ten years hadn't happened. You see, I married Sharon ten years ago and I think that was probably the single smartest thing I've ever done. Marriage is not always easy - ours has had its tough parts - but if there is anything worth working at, it's that. So we've worked at it and we've supported each other and we've laughed together and we've forgiven each other and we've surprised each other and we've always, through it all, loved each other. I'm not sure why I get to be so lucky in this life.

And now.. a couple of top ten (or five) lists:

Top ten moments of our Years Together:

10) Devaki's Dance Den
9) The Orange Pop and Milky Way bar.
8) That beach in California.
7) Visiting for New Years 1993 and staying for a whole week.
6) "You are a bag boy!"
5) Exploring the French Quarter.
4) The dirty ugly snowman.
3) Edited out because it's none of your business really.
2) Witnessing Samantha's birth. (For Rachel, I looked at Sharon at the precise moment Rachel slipped into this world. And Sharon wasn't watching at all.)
1) Watching Rachel choose her own name.

Top Ten Moments from our Wedding:

10) Jane singing Time in a Bottle
9) Our families attempting the macarena... twice!
8) Dieter with the pig in his pocket
7) Grandma Moore's advice to us via the video camera: "She needs a little church in her life. They both do!"
6) Finding out Sharon's boss had quit while getting well wishes from everyone outside the church
5) "I'm not falling down!"
4) Our one choreographed move during our first dance
3) The Big Pig!
2) Forcing the Unity Candle to stay lit with my stare of doom
1) Saying our own vows that we'd written together

Top Five Songs:

5) Lady in Red
4) 1985
3) And So It Goes
2) The Search is Over
1) Dream Come True

Top Five TV Shows:

5) Friends
4) Quantum Leap
3) Everybody Loves Raymond
2) How I Met Your Mother
1) Mad About You

Top Five Places:

5) Those rocks we climbed around on near San Francisco, CA
4) That voodoo shop we went back to numerous times in New Orleans, LA
3) The Ped Mall in Iowa City, IA
2) That wooded trail we walked outside of Salt Lake City, UT
1) Our couch in our living room


And finally a picture of us ten years later and still completely happy:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here