Friday, December 01, 2006

A Day filled with rather huge news...

Two life changing events to announce today...

This should give you a hint...

having a baby

Yes, we're having another baby! Little squirmy is due June 11. Big sisters are excited. Well, Rachel is. Sammi appears cautiously optimistic. She did want Sharon to take the baby out so she could see him. Sharon had to explain that it didn't work like that. We're going to get some books with pictures so she can see what the baby looks like while in Mommy's tummy.

And the other big news...

I got a promotion! I am now a financial aid advisor, which means more responsibility, more money, and a nice office. I've only been at Kirkwood a little less than a year so it's a big jump in a short period of time. I gotta say I am really enjoying this job more than any other I've ever had. The interaction with the students is my favorite part of the job. Every day I'm helping people figure out how to pay for college. It's so satisfying to have a job where I'm doing something positive rather than selling something, buying something, processing something or selling or buying something processed (movie reference...did you get it?). Before I can move back to my office, however, we need to fill at least one of the two openings in my department, so if you know anyone who needs a job...

4 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, December 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats and congrats and more congratulations!

you're gonna need a bigger house. [the new homeowner guffaws at the thought of having to go through this process again...]

Sammi SHOULD be cautious. Run, Sammi! Run! She will now always be The Middle Child. As far I understand, being the middle child sucks, too.

Then again, being the youngest sucks, which I know from experience. Being the oldest sucks, as well. Hey... Is there any place in the birth order that doesn't suck?!

 
At 12:45 PM, December 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! and yay!

both are very good news!

 
At 8:12 PM, December 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on both pieces of good news!

 
At 11:26 AM, December 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Matt. So much good news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here