Friday, July 23, 2004

The Buff!

I found my Appalachian Trail buff! This is a happy, happy event. I leave for the Hike today. Tomorrow about this time, I'll be almost to the trail.

Saying goodbye to my wife today was difficult. I am really going to miss her. We have really re-connected over the last year. She's my rock and I depend on her. I wish she were interested in hiking so she could join me, but I have learned to accept our differences. She is who she is and I am lucky to have her in my life. I am also going to miss my kids so much. My littlest one will probably seem completely different when I get back - they change so quickly in the first year. And I'm going to miss my older daughter's soccer game. That makes me sad.

But still, I am excited about returning to the Trail. And I'm excited to be hiking with my brothers and my sister. It's us against the mountains. I can't wait.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here