Monday, July 19, 2004

Let's talk about THIS! and THIS! and THIS too!

A different subject...

You ever notice that sometimes people change what was agreed upon so completely in their head that they end up believing their own nonsense? I have a friend like that. I think back to what we talked about and it's just completely different than what is being said now. But I've also come to the realization that there's no point in talking about it. When we have talked in the past, we've gotten on the same page, and then later my friend turns to a different page. So yeah. What's the point?

New subject...

The first time my wife and I became parents, we had a rough time of it. Things are so different this time. What's interesting to me is that we could have fallen into the same hole we did the first time, but we didn't. The risk was there, and we avoided it. We work very hard on communication . We don't let things simmer anymore. We understand each other's needs and work hard to fulfill them. It just goes to show that you should never rest in a marraige. It's work, but it's rewarding work. I feel very lucky.

And one more subject...

Texas Hold 'Em. I am addicted. I play at PartyPoker.com. It's a great game. I am tempted to wager some real money, but so far have not had the nerve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here