Wednesday, September 08, 2004

In the moment

As I've mentioned, I'm playing Williamson in Dreamwell Theatre's production of Glengarry Glen Ross. It's a great part and I am enjoying being the asshole. Last night we had our first dress rehearsal and for the first time, I felt like I was hitting it. The last scene, the climax of the play, is my favorite moment of the play. I show just how much of a bastard I can be.

Favorite lines:

"I don't care. You understand? Where are the leads!?"

"Fuck you."

Fuck is a favorite word of mine. And that fuck you is my last line in the play. I have said it so many different ways in rehearsal - angry, sad, disgusted, perfectly calm. I think I am going with disgusted. We'll see.

It's going to be an excellent show, no doubt about it. We've assembled some of Iowa City's best actors - Matt Brewbaker, Chuck Dufano, Adam Fauser, Gerry Roe, Dan Fairchild. Only Michael Connell is new to the stage and he's got a good handle on the Chicago cop. So yeah, if you're in Iowa City this weekend or next, check it out. All the details are at Dreamwell's website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here