Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Go Packers?

I am a Bears fan. I know almost all the words to the Super Bowl Suffle. For example:

Well, they call me Sweetness,
And I like to dance.
Runnin' the ball is like makin' romance.
We've had the goal since training camp
To give Chicago a Super Bowl Champ.
And we're not doin' this
Because we're greedy.
The Bears are doin' it to feed the needy.
We didn't come here to look for trouble,
We just came here to do
The Super Bowl Shuffle.

Anyway, being a Bears fan means I am obligated to despise the Green Bay Packers. And I do. I loathe the color green. We don't "pack" a lunch in my house, we bag one. Cheese is the devil's food. Okay, I don't believe that's true about all cheese, just Wisconsin cheese. I would rather see any other team win the Super Bowl. Even the Cowboys. Ugh. Nothing has brought me greater joy this fall than the Packers 1-4 record.

And yet. This is so hard. But. I... am rooting for the Packers to win on Halloween. Ugh, I feel sick.

And of course, you're wondering why would I do this? How can I root for those demons in green and gold?

Go here.

Sure, it's snopes. Sure, it probably doesn't mean anything.

But we cannot take that chance!

Go... Packers!

*shudder*

1 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, October 13, 2004, Blogger Me said...

As a girl whose extended family actually had season tickets for about fifteen years, who delightedly sat through all four quarters in -10 temperature with a breeze off the lakefront (beer will freeze if you don't drink fast enough), who saw her first pro game at Soldier Field but refuses to go near the UFO-like monstrosity that now sits across from the museum campus, and whose sister once considered framing a blurred-beyond-recognition photograph that she swore contained McMahon's right bicep:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

It's gotta be superstition.

I'll run around the building and spit three times or something.

Anything but the cheeseheads.

Dang it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here