Thursday, December 09, 2004

Coralville pride

Have you ever been to the Coralville post office? It's tiny. Ridiculously tiny. Every time I'm there, there's a line of people out the door. The only good thing about it is the camaraderie that I've found almost every time I've been waiting in line. It seems we Coralvillians like to commiserate about long lines at the post office. It's pretty nice, actually. And I have to say that the post office employees are always friendly, helpful, and efficient. Especially that one guy with the huge mustache. Charlie, I think his name is. The place is still too damn tiny for a town our size.

Hey, Jim Fausett! Get us a new post office! And in case you don't know, it's a higher priority than a rain forest.

In other Coralville news, I found this book about a tough inner city youth who comes to Coralville to help the police chief solve crimes.



No, I'm not kidding.

Overall, I like living in Coralville. It's a good city with a lot going on. And it's growing. Sure, it's going to have the ridiculous rain forest in a few years, but.... Actually, that's probably enough to make me want to move. But I do like Coralville. For now.

5 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, December 09, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The people of Soviet Russia were happy to commiserate in their long lines for daily bread, comrade.

 
At 10:32 AM, December 09, 2004, Blogger Dweeze said...

There is a second post office - it's in the little strip mall near Gus's. I always go there, cause there is never anyone else there. Course, it's also not far from work. But considering where you live, it would probably be just a bit farther than going to the main branch.

And you know you'll go to the rainforest. You know it. Hell, I'll take you if nothing else.

 
At 10:59 AM, December 09, 2004, Blogger Matt said...

Mr. or Ms. Anonymous... you make interesting comments. Who are you?

Dweeze - I will not go to the rain forest. I will not. I will not. I will not.

 
At 7:44 PM, December 09, 2004, Blogger Aaron said...

You're right, the Coralville Post Office is inadequately small. I lived in Coralville for two years and I dreaded going to the post office because of how long the lines always were.

 
At 10:31 AM, December 10, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the anonymous poster -- Matt S. Weelah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here