Monday, December 13, 2004

Hits on Survivor

I've been checking my site meter to see how people are finding my blog. I've gotten many referrals in the past few months from Google searches of people looking for Eliza Orlins pics. Sorry, no nudie pics here, Survivor fanatics. Posting the names of the new contestants has lead to a lot of hits, too. Apparently, there aren't too many other sites that come up when you search for "Caryn Groedel". So far today I've had almost three times as many hits as I usually get. Clearly, talking about Survivor will drive up my traffic. Thing is, I'm just not that interested anymore. I did the least amount of spoiling or speculating for this last season than any previous season (except numero uno) and I enjoyed the Survivor show far more. In the past talking about Survivor online has lead to vast amounts of stress, but perhaps the answer is not so much not talking about it and instead just not talking to the same stress inducing people about it.

So maybe I'll do a little Survivor reporting on incarnation 10 on my blog. We'll see how it goes.

5 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, December 13, 2004, Blogger Dweeze said...

We're not stress inducing. Really.

 
At 5:27 PM, December 13, 2004, Blogger Matt said...

Well, you're not...

 
At 11:20 AM, December 14, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt S here, with a pure curiosity question. Is driving up your traffic an innately good thing?

 
At 12:16 PM, December 14, 2004, Blogger Matt said...

It depends on the sort of blog you want. I like having people read what I am writing so I like more traffic. Some people are writing their blogs as a personal journal and could care less who reads it. It just depends on your purpose for writing a blog, I suppose.

 
At 10:06 AM, December 15, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt S again. Interesting point -- it hadn't occurred to me that one could blog for any purpose other than a personal journal. Huh. Newfangled media.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here