Tuesday, January 18, 2005

More about pirates

Pirates vs. Ninjas. The age old debate. My friend, Matt S., is a firm advocate for ninjas. I favor pirates.

Here are some links which showcase the debate:

Ninjapirate.com

Ninja vs. Pirates Livejournal

One More

So why do I side with the swasbucklers over the secretive assassins?

Two reasons:

Style and Freedom

Style
I mean, come on, which would you rather wear - a wild pirate hat, eyepatch, and lots of gold earrings or just a boring-black-even-covers-your-face body suit? Pirates pride themselves on their individuality. Want a talking bird for your shoulder? You got it! How about a peg leg or a hook to replace the one you lost in the tavern brawl last night? Go for it! All ninjas look alike. Yawn. No sense of style at all.

Freedom
Ninjas are constricted by codes of loyalty and what not. Pirates are just out to have a good time. Ninjas serve a master. Pirates are their own master. Ninjas are never known by their real names. Pirates often have colorful names like Cap'n Carl Fancypants and Pirate Burt the Off-White and Capt'n Oddball the Stumbling Drunk. (Names courtesy of the Pirate Name Generator and this other Pirate Name Generator.)

It's just totally clear that Pirates are the only choice.




Picture of pirate found here. Check 'em out!

4 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, January 18, 2005, Blogger greenman said...

Pirates have panache, and are clearly theatrical and all about the style baby. I'll be honest I never understood the whole fascination with martial arts and ninja stuff. It seems so 80's to me.

 
At 2:56 PM, January 18, 2005, Blogger greenman said...

Pirates have panache, and are clearly theatrical and all about the style baby. I'll be honest I never understood the whole fascination with martial arts and ninja stuff. It seems so 80's to me.

 
At 5:27 PM, January 18, 2005, Blogger greenman said...

And pirates get drunk and repeat themselves.

 
At 6:08 PM, January 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out www.realultimatepower.net for a good pro-ninja argument.

--Dieter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here