Monday, June 20, 2005

Father's Day

I had a nice Father's Day. It began with breakfast in bed at 9 am. I would have been allowed to sleep in later but I had a Dreamwell meeting at 10:30. After the meeting, I went home for lunch and then headed off to the Coralville Pool for the first time this year. Coralville has such a great pool.



That picture doesn't really do it justice. There are two huge water slides, one of which is a space bowl body slide which circles you round 2-4 times before dropping you into an 8 foot pool of water. That one is a lot of fun. There is also little kid stuff like this slide:



Rachel loves that slide.

Oooh, I found a picture of the two big water slides:



Anyway, we had a great time at the pool. When we got home, Sami and I took a nap. That was much needed. For dinner, Sharon made my favorite - sausage meatballs in cranberry sauce. Rachel and I played soccer after dinner. She's really getting good at dribbling the ball and scoring goals. I can't wait for her soccer league to start in a few weeks. Then it was bedtime, complete with a great story by Dr. Seuss. Once the kids were asleep Sharon and I got to spend some time alone together. With my working nights on the Pearson scoring project and then the theater opening, we've hadn't had much time to spend together. So it was good to reconnect. All in all, a perfect Father's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here