Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Summer TV

In the old days, there was no new TV during the summer. It was a wasteland of reruns. Nowadays, there is lots of new stuff to check out.

I've already talked about Big Brother and, I have to admit, I'll probably check out INXS: Rock Star because it sounds like American Idol with rockers which is really appealing to me. Some people I've talked to find it somewhat morbid to hold a contest to replace ex-lead singer Michael Hutchence who committed suicide. I was a fan of INXS and Michael Hutchence in particular. There is one early song, The Swing, that among my list of all time favorites and not because of the lyric, but more because of Hutchence's intense delivery. Since Hutchence's death, four different singers have tried to replace him and didn't last. The regular method didn't work. This somewhat unorthodox way seems as good as any to find a new lead singer. In any case, I don't see how finding a new singer for the band is disrespectful of Hutchence.

But what really has me excited is season two of Battlestar Galactica. If you've missed any of the episodes, there's a marathon this Friday on SciFi. They're re-running the entire season. The premiere for season two is Friday, July 15, 9 PM CST. I've already written about how incredible I think this show is.

Hopefully, nothing else will pop up because I don't want to watch more than three shows this summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here