Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Rockin'

I love watching Rock Star INXS. As I've said before, I don't really even care that much who wins. I just enjoy the free concert every week. They always choose great songs for the rockers. This week's song lineup was full of some of the best songs ever written.



First, we had Ty singing the Stones' You Can't Always Get What You Want. He sang a soulful version of the song that was incredible. The man has such amazing pipes and such control. JD got to sing Elvis' Suspicious Minds. JD's performance was great and as Dave Navarro said last night, every time JD's on stage, you feel compelled to watch him. The funny thing was, by the end of the show, Ty and JD's performances seemed just okay. That's because everyone else was so incredibly brilliant.


Marty was next with Pink Floyd's classic Wish You Were Here.


Marty is so much better when he quits screaming and just sings the song. He has an intensity and a quiet passion that illuminates the emotion of a song like this one. At the end of the song, Marty turned away and wiped his eyes. When asked how he felt, he said that final moment of the song was one of the best moments of his life. We felt that watching that performance.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, there was Jordis sitting quietly on a stool and strumming her guitar.


She performed Imagine by John Lennon, one of my favorite songs. Her soaring voice brought the song into my heart and I'll admit to a few tears when she was finished. Of course, the song touches me deeply so the tears weren't all due to Jordis' breathtaking performance.

Then the night changed directions and MiG reminded everyone that the title of the show is ROCK STAR.



MiG blew the roof off the house with a rockin' version of McCartney's Live and Let Die. It was fantastic, although I still liked Marty and Jordis' performances better.

Finally, we had the showstopping performance of the evening.


Suzie, who has been on the verge of elimination more times than anyone else, blew away the live audience, INXS, and me with a bravura performance of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. One of the members of INXS even told her that he felt proud that she wanted to be part of the band. I didn't think Suzie had much of a chance, but INXS clearly really likes her.

So who's in the bottom three this week? Ty and JD are almost certainties. I think Marty will be the third. And I think INXS will take advantage of the chance to get rid of JD. He's got talent in arranging music and lyrics, but performance-wise, he's not as talented as the rest of the contestants. Plus, he comes off as a real ass sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here