Monday, November 28, 2005

Rain Forest update

State 29 has a round up of the latest news on the ridiculous rain forest project. You can also check out Dweeze's position.

Basically, the rain forest folks (i.e. David Oman and Robery Ray) have been talking to Dubuque since September, which they'd previously said they hadn't done. So they lied. I know, big shock. Also, they sent a letter to Coralville with more demands (more land and assurances that Coralville can raise something like $40 million) and insisted they get a response by December 2, which is what? Two weeks later? Never mind the fact that they ignored Coralville's request for a timetable and detailed plans by a certain deadline. If Coralville bows to these idiots, there's no way the City Council members will be running unopposed next time. Hell, I'll run for City Council myself. This debacle is has gone on long enough. I don't see how any of these Council members can look at themselves in the mirror if they let Oman and Ray walk all over them like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here