Friday, January 27, 2006

Stupid Democrats

John Kerry has decided to attempt a filibuster to stop Judge Alito from joining the Supreme Court. If I were a Congressman, I'd probably vote against the guy, so I understand the opposition to Mr. Smiley. But to try and filibuster the nomination is just stupid. Kerry has political capital and he's throwing it away. There's no chance Alito won't be confirmed. All this will do is demonstrate once again how far outside the mainstream the Democratic party is. Kerry impressed me earlier in the week when he spoke out against Bush's illegal wiretapping. That's a good use of his political capital. And if he becomes a laughingstock (again) when this Alito business fails, it could hurt our chances of bringing Bush and his cronies to justice. Why is the Democratic party leadership so stupid? Where is my third option?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here