Wednesday, February 22, 2006

American Idol Ladies

...although with how young some of them are, I ought to title this AI Girls.

And suprisingly two of the younger girls were two of the best.



Paris, who is only seventeen years old, sang Midnight Train to Georgia. She's a helluva performer. She's got it all - charisma, dance moves, and a strong voice. The only problem: she reminded me of Tootie from Facts of Life!



Lisa is only sixteen and has the poise of a singer who's been doing this for a decade. She sang I Am Changing, a song I had never heard before, but one that was perfectly suited to the competition. Check out the lyrics:

I am changng, I'm gonna start right now, right here
I'm hoping to work it out, and I know that I can
But I need you, I need a hand


Watching this kid sing this with such heart, I know people are going to be rushing to the phone to give her a hand at winning this thing. And she ends with...

I'm gonna start again, I'm leaving my past behind
I'll change my life-I'll make a vow
And nothing's gonna stop me now.


Except maybe Paris...

Seriously, if I were a judge, I'd be tempted to end the competition right now and go with these two kids as the co-winners.

Bu that's not going to happen, so onto the other notable singers....

Katharine McPhee, Mandisa and Ayla Brown were all good. Mandisa may not get the votes because she was the first singer and that usually hurts them.

I think the two who will probably get booted are Heather Cox, who is not as good as Kellie Pickler (who I think is Carrie Underwood with emotion) and looks too much like her, and Stevie Scott, who I will miss because I think she has excellent potential. She was just too boring with her song choice of To Where You Are by Josh Grobin. Other girls at risk: Becky O'Donohue and Kinnik Skye (and no, she wasn't named after the stadium...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here