Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A six year's old view of theatre...

Opening weekend went well. We got a lot of comments from audience members saying we had put them into the Christmas spirit, so that's good. We also were asked if we plan to make it an annual Christmas show, which is an interesting thought.

Two more performances on Saturday, December 9 at 6:30 and 8:30 pm at Old Brick. Go to Dreamwell's website for all the info and to reserve tickets!

Rachel saw the show, which was the first time she had ever seen me act. She said I was good, but my voice was funny. Also sometimes I was mean. Both of things are true. My old man accent for the Record Keeper is definitely funny sounding. And some of my other characters are certainly mean. I talked to her about how I was just playing a character in the story and sometimes characters in stories are mean. She seemed to get that. Then I asked her what her favorite part of the show was.

"Intermission! I got TWO cookies!"

3 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, December 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heehee. I had a bunch of little kids tell me I'm mean in Oliver. I like being mean ;)

 
At 3:23 PM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Chris the Hippie said...

I did "A TUNA Christmas" years ago. (In fact, I proposed to my wife during the curtain call of one of the performances.) My voice was shot for months thereafter from doing one of the chain-smoking characters. That sucked, 'cause I was playing bass and singing backup for a band at the time too... But it was SO much fun hanging hand grenades on a Christmas tree!

 
At 4:06 PM, December 13, 2006, Blogger Dweeze said...

I got two cookies too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here