Wednesday, August 11, 2004

So freaking much to say...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a post all typed in and ready to go and I lost it! Pissed off I am. Yes, I am. Dammit.

Here's some freaking pictures:





I went to the Maquoketa Caves on Saturday with Robyn, David, and Paul. We had a great time. Got dirty and bruised (shin and knees). Discovered caves can be beautiful in a very earthy sort of way. And I am not claustrophobic! There was one - The Wye Cave - that we didn't fully explore. At one point you have to crawl through this tiny opening to get to the deepest part of the cave. By the time we reached the Wye Cave, we were tired and filthy and just didn't have the juice needed to go all the way. Next time, we'll hit that one first.

I had this great paragraph all about my lovely wife and how she sacrifices for me so I can do the things that really make my life richer, like theater and hiking, but it's gone. So I'll just say: I love Sharon. And I am so lucky to have her in my life as my partner.

Being a soccer dad was good times. Watching my 3 1/2 year old daughter run after that ball. High fiving when she did something well. Chuckling with the other dads and moms when our star Sigfus (yes, Sigfus!) scored for the ninth time in a row. I swear his parents must have started training him with the soccer ball when he was 1. He's five now and a terror on the field. His parents are European, not sure from where exactly. But they called the sport "football". Anyway, my daughter started to learning about teams and got a lot of good exercise. And she picked a lot of flowers for her coach. Sometimes during the game, but hey, she's 3! It was darn cute. And really funny when the rest of the team decided picking flowers was a lot more fun than kicking the ball. Heh.

The play is going well. My two favorites lines are:

"Because I don't like you."

and (my final line of the play):

"Fuck you."

Mamet has a way with swear words.

I play the asshole in the play - John Williamson. Everyone seems to think I won't have to act very much. Hah hah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here