Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Ah... love

Yesterday was my 8th wedding anniversary. Sharon took off work and went to preschool with Rachel. I stayed home and played with Sami. It was great to get some one on one time with her. She's getting so big. She can crawl perfectly now and is faster than lightning. We have the gate up for the top of the stairs. Sami loves to chase the dog, who is very good about just getting out of her way. She also loves Rachel's baby dolls. I think we're going to have to get Sami one of her own soon. Rachel does not like sharing her dolls. Sharing is a difficult concept for a three year old. We're working on it, though. And preschool is helping with that, too.

In the evening, we dropped the kids off at a friend's house so we could go out to dinner. We went downtown where we used to go when we were first dating. Walked around the ped mall, went in a few shops, and had dinner at Bo James. After dinner, we decided to go home for a while and enjoy being in our house with no children around. Then we went out for pie and a chocolate shake. We picked up the kids at 9ish. It was a very satisfying anniversary. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful wife.

Not so satisfying are the problems between my brother and my mother. They are at odds. It happens often, but this time it's really lasting a lot longer than usual. I talked to my brother the other night but didn't really get anywhere. They're both at fault from my point of view, but there's no point in discussing that. Hopefully, they'll just make up and it'll all blow over. Our family is a very tight one and we don't often have big problems, just the little ones that are typical of most families. Hopefully, this will all be over soon.

I've grown bored with bothering to spoiler Survivor when the next boots are out so early each week. There's no fun in it anymore. I am liking this season. I just hope Rory comes around and gets some better editing. They're making our Iowan Survivor out to be a whiny jerk. I don't like that.

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, September 30, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just another note of congratulations on your eighth wedding anniversary... i have to say that looking at both you and she, it's rather difficult to believe you've been married for so long. and that it certainly not a bad thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here