Thursday, September 09, 2004

The play's da thing

Rehearsal sucked tonight. At least I did. I had so many other things on my mind - the publicity photos, the box office crap, the annoyingly loud people upstairs... I just wasn't focused on acting. And one of my fellow actors forgot a line and got us into a tough spot in our first scene. Fortunately, I've been in enough shows to know that a bad rehearsal during tech week is mandatory for a good opening night. So I am still feeling good. We're going to be great on Friday and I cannot wait.

Okay, here's an interesting exercise... a list of all the plays I've been in...

Nightwatch - Detective Vanelli
Conference of the Birds - the Owl
"Faces" or something like that - Starbuck
Lysistrata - Kinesias
The Person I Once Was - Blaise
Ten Little Indians - Lombard
Faust - Faust
Shades of Grey - Silas
A Comedy of Errors - Antipholus ... I can't remember which one
Charley's Aunt - Fancourt Babberly
Importance of Being Earnest - Algernon Moncrieff
Act Three, Scene Five - Can't remember character's name
Barefoot in the Park (twice) - Paul Bratter
Intellectual Orgasms - Steve
Corpus Christi - Philip
Lion in Winter - King Philip
Love Letters - Andrew
Someone Who'll Watch Over Me - Edward
Of Mice and Men - George
The Boys Next Door - Arnold Wiggins
Glengarry Glen Ross - Williamson
Hay Fever - Simon Bliss

... there's got to be more than that. I am sure I am forgetting something. Anyway, not a bad list. 22 shows over a period of 16 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here