Thursday, September 30, 2004

Riverside scam

Whoops! Captain Kirk pulled a prank on the residents of Riverside, Iowa. So there's no movie but they all get to be on TV. Hmm. I am torn. I think it's kind of mean to screw with those poor Riversidians. But at the same time, this is what reality TV is all about. And I admit, I am a fan of it. Sorry all of you high minded intellectual *coughsnobscough*. Anyway, Riverside did get 100 grand. And everyone who was in it got paid. I think what makes me feel bad about the whole thing is the fact that Riverside has been trying to get Shatner to come to their Trekfest for, what, twenty years? And he's blown them off again and again. (Note to the non-trekkies: Riverside, Iowa is the future birthplace of the fictional Captain Kirk.) So he finally shows up in town and then proceeds to mess with their heads.

Not nice.

I'll still probably watch the program on Spike TV, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here