Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Voting reform

I was introduced to Vote Pair by a friend of mine. The idea is if you, as a swing state voter, don't want to see Bush win, but still want to support third party candidates for any number or reasons (My reason: I find the two party system to be an anathema to democracy), you can pair with a voter in a safe state. That person votes for a third party candidate which allows you to vote for Kerry. You support the idea of ridding the country of the two party duopoly that has forced so many of us into voting for the lesser or two evils over and over again.

In reading some of the Vote Pair website, I found this about Instant Runoff Voting. Personally, I think it makes a lot of sense. I am curious to know what the arguments against the idea are. Off to Google. Unless someone knows of one - please fill me in.

1 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, October 23, 2004, Blogger Cyndy said...

There are arguments to IRV, but it's one of the best discussions we can have to improve what appears to be broken. I'm collecting links to people who are talking about it, which is how I found you, and there are some pros and cons as with everything. Mostly, we need to draw attention to it, because most people don't have any idea what it's about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here