Friday, December 31, 2004

2004 and 2005

I am really looking forward to 2005. I think some pretty amazing things are going to happen next year.

2004 had one really amazing event and two not so great events. The really amazing event was January 14, 2004 when our little girl, Samantha, was born. She's such a happy kid and such an explorer. She wants to get into everything. And she really seems to like Shadow, our black lab. He is a very patient dog.

The two big not so great events were the appearance of Celiac for Sharon and the re-appearance of Meniere's for me. At least the kids are perfectly healthy. I know both Sharon and I are glad it's the two of us who have to deal with special diets and frustrating physical ailments and not the kids.

We had a nice vacation in the summer, just the four of us, followed by a big family party for the summer birthdays. That weekend was almost perfect and the one negative thing that did happen I am choosing to ignore.

My Appalachian Trail hike, while not as long or as satisfying as I might have liked, was still an amazing adventure. And I got to spend it with two of my brothers and my sister. I can't think of the last time I did something with just my siblings. Hopefully, my other brother will join us next year.

Dreamwell had an incredibly successful season. All three shows were wonderful, both artistically and financially. We have a strong board who is committed to taking us to the next step. I see good things ahead for us in 2005.

In terms of the internet, I am much happier now than I was six months ago. Internet used to equal drama for me and I am glad that's over. I discovered blogging which has become a great outlet for my writing and a way to communicate to family as well as old friends. I've met some new friends, too.

I spent Christmas with my family for the first time in years. It was just perfect. Homemade ravioli!

And I have a regular game of Texas Hold 'Em, which has been my most fun leisure time activity. I'm up $65 for the year! Woo hoo!

Plans for 2005:

Taking care of Rachel and Sami and helping them grow. Rachel is a year and a half away from kintergarten. Lots of stuff to do to get her ready for that big step. Sami should be hitting some important milestones this coming year, like walking and starting to talk.

After eight years, I know that marriages are a lot of work. I plan to make sure Sharon knows how important she is to me.

I am going to really focus on Dreamwell. We're very close to turning a corner.

We are going to hike for longer than three days next year. Even if it is raining. Dammit.

I am sure there are a lot more things that will come up, but those are the four big ones, I think. We'll see how it goes.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

2 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, December 31, 2004, Blogger Sara said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog. We have the Iowa connection, but I have also enjoyed reading about your family, life, interests, and more. Happy New Year... and I like your list of things to do in 2005.

 
At 11:07 PM, January 01, 2005, Blogger Matt said...

Thanks for your comments, Sara. It's nice to have some readers who aren't my family and friends.

And Sharon is right - get stuff from www.brightshinystuff.com. Fun jewelry, good service, nice people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here