Friday, March 25, 2005

My Dad, the devil

I imagine I'll become embarrassing to my girls at some point. Fortunately, I still have a year or three of Daddy-is -the-bestest-guy-in-the-world to cherish. But when my time comes, at least I can point to Mr. Simmons and say, "See, it could be worse."

Of course, he's turning his situation into a new kids show. It's about a boy who wants a normal life has to deal with his crazy rock star father. Here's the inspiration for the show:

Simmons, the cartoon's creator and executive producer, said the idea sprang out of a conversation about career day at his son, Nick's, school.

"So you had people coming in with scissors, you know, 'my mom's a hair stylist,' or a toothbrush, 'my dad's a dentist,' and my son came in with a poster of me spewing blood and spitting fire," Simmons said.


I can see how having a dad who appears to come from the lower reaches of Hell would be either really cool or absolutely mortifying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here