Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Reality TV...

Last night was a great night for reality TV. The Amazing Race two hour show was fantastic. We had the oldest woman in the race fall while exploring a cave and come up with a bloodied face. Gretchen proved she was a true competitor when she exhorted Meredith, her husband, to find the damn clue and not worry about her. They finished the first leg last, but were not eliminated. As a penalty they lost all of their money and all of their possessions. I gave them no chance to pull out of last place, but of course, I was pulling for them. In leg two, they ended up in fifth place out of seven teams. An amazing comeback. We also saw the most dysfunctional team - Ray and Deana - get eliminated by seconds when they lost a footrace to brothes Brian and Greg. This was especially gratifying after they were dissing Meredith and Gretchen last week. Add to that: the brothers got in a car accident, injuring one of their cameramen, unable to conceive couple Uchenna and Joyce were emotionally spent after a visit to an orphanage in South Africa, and depending on your point of view, Rob and Amber showed either their competitive nature or their complete lack of decency by speeding by the car accident scene. This episode had it all. I believe this was easily my favorite Amazing Race episode of any season.

On American Idol, Nadia came back with a great performance after last week's Cyndi Lauper debacle. Constantine showed really savvy by choosing the perfect song to keep him in the competition. Bo finally crashed and burned with a bad song choice. My choices for the bottom three this week follow.

Anwar - this makes me sad as I think he's very talented. Bad song choice and lack of personality are killing him.

Scott - If I close my eyes, he's usually not bad. Last night, even closing my eyes didn't help.

Anthony - I think he's far better than Simon gives him credit for. He shouldn't be leaving, but he might be the one to get the boot.

Also on last night was Invasion Iowa, the reality TV show set in Riverside, Iowa. I had a friend tape it for me so I haven't seen it yet. Anyone watch it and want to give an opinion?

1 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, February 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I agree 100% agree with the last few comments. This blog has great opinions and this is why I continue to visit, thanks! ##link#

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here