Tuesday, May 10, 2005

An amazing season

This has been one of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite, season of Amazing Race. The teams have been great, the competition has been fierce, and the spoilers haven't ruined it. (Something that cannot be said about this season's Survivor, in my opinion.)

(Incidentally, remember the sunset background spoiler from way back when? Turned out to be false as Rob/Amber, Ron/Kelly (mountain background) and Uchenna/Joyce are the last three teams.)

The finale is tonight. I would be happy to see Uchenna/Joyce win it all. They were a good team and they clearly love each other very much. They are a great couple who support each other. So if they win, I'll cheer for them. The one team that I hope and pray does not win the Race is Ron/Kelly. Her comment about Ron not being committed to the army because he used his experience as a POW to get honorably discharged was perhaps the coldest comment ever made on any season. Not that Ron has been that nice to her, either. So Uchenna and Joyce over Ron and Kelly, definitely.



Which brings us to the final team and the one I am really rooting for - Rob and Amber. Yes, they already won a million dollars on Survivor: All Stars. Yes, they are mediawhores who are milking every minute of fame they can. But so what? Look at the way they've run the race. They worked together as a team. They support each other always. They never attack each other the way practically every other team has. And they've come in first an amazing four times. They've never been worse than fifth place. No other team has performed as well and no other team has had everyone gunning for them before the race even started the way Rob and Amber have. In the preview for the finale tonight, we see Amber saying, "I can't go on!" and Rob says, "Get on my back!" He carries her. How many times have we seen a footrace where the stronger teammate runs hard while screaming at his teammate to hurry up in a futile attempt to win? We won't see Rob doing that because he's loyal to Amber. Win or lose, they'll do it together.

Rob and Amber deserve to win. I hope they pull it off.


That said, I'm not going to watch their spectacle of a wedding in a week or so. I mean, come on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here