Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Fives Meme

Found this on a friend's Livejournal. And I was a little bored.

What I was doing 10 years ago:
In July of 1995, I was teaching a reading comprehension course to all different ages - kintergarden to adult. I was also looking forward to returning to Iowa City and moving into the little apartment Sharon and I rented on River Street. It was tiny. We didn't have a kitchen - we had a wall with a couple of appliances. Marriage was a little over a year away and Dreamwell was a little under two years away.

Five years ago:
In July 2000, I was into Survivor and heavily involved in the message boards. Little did I know what a huge impact that TV show would have on my life. I was also directing or had just finished directing the Hobbit. Finally, and most importantly, Sharon and I were anticipating Rachel's upcoming birth in November.

One year ago:
In July 2004, I was looking forward to my third Appalachian Trail hike. I was also worried about my dad who appeared to be having some health problems. Fortunately, everything turned out okay there. And I think that's about when I became somewhat addicted to Texas Hold 'Em.

Yesterday:

I played soccer with Rachel and Sami. I chaired a Dreamwell board meeting. And I had a great conversation with a friend after that meeting. I also watched some TV.

Five snacks I enjoy:

BBQ potato chips, fresh chocolate chip cookies, Bottlecaps and that's really all I can think of.

Five songs I know all the words to:
Name a Billy Joel song. I probably know the words to it.

Five Things I would do with $100 million:
Get out of debt. Give Dreamwell the money it needs to make it. Build a new house with secret passages. Give money to friends and family.

Five locations I would like to run away to:

England, Italy, Egypt, Hawaii, a deserted tropical island

Five things I like doing:
Reading, writing, surfing the internet, hiking, playing with my kids

Five bad habits I have:

Not eating well, staying up too late, I am sure there are more but my mind is blank.

Five TV shows I like:

Lost, 24, Rock Star INXS, Survivor, Two and a Half Men

Five biggest joys of the moment:

Visiting Dreamwell's new space and soaking in the accomplishment, playing with Rachel, watching Sami learn new things, being happily married, the anticipation of hiking the AT again

Five favorite toys:

Rachel's soccer ball, the swingset in the backyard, and that's about it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here