Friday, July 15, 2005

Hah! and Bah!

One made me laugh. The other made me cry "Bah!"

In the Press Citizen letters today Gary Frost explains a cooler idea for that Coralville land than a rain forest.

Let's think cool in Coralville

I think a re-creation of Ice Age Iowa would be a cooler summertime attraction than a rain forest.

There could be a glacial ice face maintained by Amana technology. The huge glacier would also cool the building. There could be an animation of the giant ground sloth that was just discovered in Iowa.

Ice Age Iowa would even make good use of the noisy Interstate that goes through Coralville. An outdoor prairie restoration would contrast prehistoric Iowa with modern Iowa of passing 18-wheelers.

Ice Age Iowa is a natural for Midwest summer tourism.

Gary Frost
Coralville


I gotta wonder about his name, though. Frost? Come on.


And I now I must say "Bah." Yesterday a letter supporting the rain forest project appeared. Sue Savage-Rumbaugh of Des Moines believes that the only way people are going to understand the importance of rain forests to our global survival is if we create a fake one in Iowa. Has Ms. Savage-Rambaugh never heard of books like these?

You know what surprises me most? Where's State 29 and the other Iowa Pork Forest writers? Shouldn't they have been all over this letter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here