Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Sisters

Rachel and Sami are really playing together a lot these days. Sami loves to follow her sister around and do whatever she is doing. And Rachel has finally figured out that having a little sister who will do pretty much whatever you want can be a lot of fun. Today they were playing preschool with Rachel being the teacher, of course.

"Come on, Sami, time to lay down for your nap," Rachel sternly says. Sami lays down with the blanket for all of three seconds and then jumps up again.

"Okay, Sami, time to go on the field trip," Rachel will say going along with Sami ending her nap before she could close her eyes.

I find myself identifying with Sami, of course, as I am the youngest in my family and I remember getting my older brother John to play with me. I don't remember much give and take - we did pretty much whatever John wanted to do and that was fine with me. It's strange though because Rachel seems more like me in personality (so far anyway - Sami's only two) and yet she's the older sister, so I can relate to Sami's place in the family more.

Ah well, the bottom line is Sharon and I get to spend time in the evenings together without the kids being in our faces every second. There are even minutes of time when we can feel what it was like before we had kids. This is good for a whole lot of reasons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here