Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Idols sing Queen

I have much fear heading into tonight's show. Can the Idols do justice to Freddie Mercury? USA Today spoils the songs each contestant will sing. My comments are in bold.

•Ace Young, We Will Rock You: "I urbanized the verses a little, just by riding on (the notes). I put a little R&B soul on it. When we were done, they said, 'That sounds like a record.' " I think Ace has a decent chance to sound pretty good this week. This could be the week where he returns to his Father Figure form.

•Bucky Covington, Fat Bottomed Girls: "Yes, we all love the fat-bottomed girls." Oh, Bucky. Just when I was beginning to like you. This will be a train wreck. Bucky may finally get his ticket home. Let's hope so anyway.

•Chris Daughtry, Innuendo: "It's a relatively unknown song. It just had a mixture of a dark feel and a positive message. And I just found out they've never performed this live." I don't know the song, but knowing Chris, it ought to be good.

•Elliott Yamin, Somebody to Love: "I was drawn to the passionate emotion of the song. I heard a lot of soul in it." This could be good. Maybe.

•Katharine McPhee, Who Wants to Live Forever: "How could (this) not be fun? We're working with so many different legends." I don't know the song.

•Kellie Pickler, Bohemian Rhapsody: "We only have 1 minute and 30 seconds, and the song is really long. Having to cut so many pieces is really hard to memorize, because I'm not singing the song as it's originally played." Ugh! I can't believe she'd be stupid enough to do this song after Constantine's performance last year. Oh, wait, we're talking about Kellie. Crash and burn.

•Paris Bennett, The Show Must Go On: "Being with the band was a big experience to me, never being with a rock band before. I was able to pick a song that fits me, that's still rocky." Don't know the song. I don't think I do anyway.

•Taylor Hicks, Crazy Little Thing Called Love: "You listen to a Queen song, it's really melodic and very powerful, and the dynamics (are) really cool." This could be a great performance. Looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here