Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A short play

Scene: The living room of a modest suburban Iowa home. There are two characters, myself and Rachel, my five year old daughter. It is morning and we are about to leave for preschool.

ME
How do I look, Rachel?

RACHEL
That shirt does not work with those pants, Daaaad.

ME
(somewhat dumbfounded)
What?

RACHEL
Daddy, that shirt does NOT work with those pants.

ME
Oh. Okay, let me see what else I got.
I exit to the bedroom, return a few minutes later wearing a different shirt.
RACHEL
That's so much better, Daddy.
End scene!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here