Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Appalachian Trail Pics

Here are some pics from the Appalachian Trail hike.



I am on the border of Tennessee and North Carolina in the middle of the Smoky Mountains.



My brother Jim and I at Fontana Dam before we began our trek into the Smokies.



One of the many scenic views from the Appalachian Trail.



This snake was hanging out at one of the shelters, waiting for a hiker to throw down a sleeping bag. They like to cuddle up with hikers for warmth...



John and I pitched tents instead of sleeping with the snake.



This shelter was in the Smokies. It was the first time I'd seen one with a fence. That's to keep the bears out. There were signs up at every shelter warning us of "Aggressive Bear Activity". We chose to sleep in the shelter behind the chain fence instead of a tent that night. It was probably was a mistake as the other hikers in the shelter snored and snored and snored. I got very little sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here