Thursday, October 14, 2004

Hip parent?

Over on the right there in my links sections, there's one labeled "A SAHD blog I enjoy". This post is one of the reasons why.

This is my favorite part:

"...we need our children to be intelligent, not 'savvy'; independent, not 'sophisticated'; happy and caring and giving, not - most of all - 'edgy' (with, I might point out, its implication of double-edged swords).

Children are not supposed to be edgy any more than they are supposed to be jaded."

Raising kids is a difficult job. You're never really sure if you're making the right call. And you only get one chance really and then the moment is gone. I feel like I'm playing catchup all the time. But this much I know is true. Kids got to be kids. And they get to define what that means.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here