Monday, October 11, 2004

Long live Superman

I was going to blog about the poker game last night and other things, but this morning I learned that Christopher Reeve passed away. He played Superman on the big screen, but I don't think any of us realized what a true superman he was until we watched as he fought against the paralysis that changed his life. He never gave up hope. He was truly inspiring to me. My favorite musical is Man of the La Mancha, which tells the story of Don Quixote, the man who dreams an impossible dream. I have long believed that true heroism comes from not succeeding but attempting even in the face of insurmountable odds.

Rest peacefully, Christopher Reeve. You deserve it.



1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, October 11, 2004, Blogger Brent said...

I was watching excerpts from numerous interviews with him this morning. You're right, he was constantly upbeat and determined, no matter what obstacles he was facing. It would have been so easy for him to just become a "woe is me" type character, but he really fought until the end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here