Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Empty...

That's how I feel this morning. And now I am starting to feel angry.

George Bush is our president. The Ohio provisional ballots will not change that.

I am just shocked that I am in the minority in this country. That more people in the United States would favor returning a liar to the White House. Was it Kerry? Did people just not like him? Not trust him? I didn't like him all that much, but I far prefered him to the lying, incompetent man who is our president.

You know, there was a lot of talk last night on the networks about the "morality vote". People who were voting based on their morals sided with Bush. Why? Because he's religious? Because he talks about being moral? How about actions, people? This is not a moral man. His actions have proven that.

I accept that George Bush is the man the majority of Americans want as their president. But now the real work begins. Because I really believe there is something to what the networks were saying last night about the Democrats not reaching people. The Democratic party is over. We need a new option. We have four years to figure out how to build a new party and make it strong enough to win. How do we do that?

5 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, November 03, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt S here. It's worth noting that a majority of Americans *didn't* vote for Bush. A majority of participating voters did. Bush's total is still well below half of all adult Americans. Huge numbers of us didn't vote at all, just as we haven't since...I don't know when. I doubt even James knows when. We the people, in order to form a more perfect union, don't bother voting. I think that's more depressing than the actual and unsurprising result of Campaign 2004.

 
At 10:38 AM, November 03, 2004, Blogger Matt said...

It would be very interesting to see who those non-voters are. What are the demographics? Anyone have any info on that?

 
At 4:15 PM, November 03, 2004, Blogger Aaron said...

While supporters of Kerry are in the minority of those who voted, 48% is a pretty big minority.

 
At 1:09 PM, November 04, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turnout was damn high. Over 65%, the highest since 1968. So there's that, at least.

 
At 4:37 PM, November 04, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt S again. 65% is two-thirds of the country. One third didn't even show up. If what I read is right, the only industrial democracy with worse voter turnout is Switzerland. We shouldn't pat ourselves on the back too much yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here